- A written complaint form is not required but encouraged.
- A copy of the complaint is sent to the licensee for a response.
- The response is reviewed by the Executive Officer, the Board’s Attorney and 1-2 board members without a conflict of interest.
- The complaint is either dismissed or investigated.
- If investigated, the results of the investigation are sent to the Board’s Attorney for review.
- A decision is made to proceed against the licensee by the board or dismiss the complaint.
- If a decision was made to proceed, the Board’s Attorney first seeks an informal resolution to the complaint by an agreed settlement.
- If a settlement is reached, it must be approved by the Board.
- If a settlement cannot be reached, a formal complaint process will be scheduled before an administrative law judge.
- The Board would receive and act on the Judges findings.