Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) Instructions
Effective July 1, 2018 criminal background checks are required for licensure as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in North Dakota. You will pay the BCI fee to the NDBPT with your application fee. Current fees are $200.00 application fee plus $41.25 BCI fee. A packet containing all you need will be mailed out to you once application and fees are received by our office.
Please note: The fee for fingerprinting will vary depending upon agency charges. You will need to pay this agency fee. (This is a separate charge from the BCI fee submitted with your PT application)
Steps to complete the process:
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or a private agency that provides fingerprinting services to make an appointment to be fingerprinted.
- Bring the fingerprint packet to the agency.
- Have the agency place the forms into the self addressed envelope and seal with the enclosed gold seal.
- Mail the completed forms back to the NDBPT.
- Make sure the seal is intact or the process will need to be repeated.
NDBPT will submit the completed form, fee, and fingerprint cards to Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI). Once completed BCI will return the background check results to NDBPT (this is not a fast process so plan ahead). If fingerprints are rejected by BCI, NDBPT will notify you.